1. Must be a member in good standing (dues paying) of the Society (or dependent of a good standing member of the Society) for two years.
2. Must be attending or about to attend an accredited 4 year college/university, or 2 year college/university, or vocational school/program.
3. Must be a full-time student as defined by the college/university/program.
4. Must possess and/or maintain at least a 2.50 grade point average.
1. Academic achievement and/or improvement.
2. Special talents/achievements/service to the communities in which the student has lived.
3. Leadership opportunities
4. Extraordinary circumstances/events in the life of the student and/or family.
5. A short essay (1page, typed) on the topic “What impact the LACOURS/CIERE SOCIETY’S scholarship will have on your life as a student.”
1. Submission of application form to the scholarship committee.
2. Proof of full-time enrollment in accredited college/university/program.
3. Deadline for application will be May 15 of each year. Announcement of recipient(s) will be in July of each year.
4. The members of the scholarship committee will handle all procedures and choose the recipient(s).
How the Scholarship Fund Started:
Edmonton, Alberta July 2003
At the 3rd Annual LACOURS/CIÈRE SOCIETY REUNION, it was unanimously decided that one of our future goals should be to establish a Scholarship Fund. At this same meeting we were pleasantly surprised when Bill and Lee Bachman, made the first contribution of $1,000 (US) toward our Scholarship Fund. In making the donation Bill explained that he was chosen as the Professor of the Year by Adrian College, where he is Chairman of the Business Department, this honor included an honorarium and both he and Lee had been looking for a worthwhile cause to donate these moneys. Education being something that has always been important to each of them, they chose the Scholarship Fund. What better gift can we give to our next generation of cousins than help them attain an education which will be with them for life. To Bill and Lee a heartfelt THANK YOU for giving the Society such a good kick start for this very important fund, your generosity is overwhelming.
TRUSTEES of the SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE are volunteers Bill Bachman, Joyce L* Hudson, and Rolland Lacoursière. The SOCIETY goal is to build up a Fund of $25,000 through Donations and other fund building activities.
How To Donate:
Treasurer Colette Clowes email: email@example.com
If you would like to donate to the scholarship fund send your donation to our Treasurer:
2079-B Paradises Drive
Belvedere Tiburon, CA. 94920 USA
Payable to the Society Scholarship Fund.
***Bill Bachman donated $1,000 to kick start our SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM.
*** In memory of Marcel Lacoursière $2,000.00 was donated to the SCHOLARSHIP FUND so far.